Skip to main content

Have you ever been on a Guilt Trip?




Have you ever been on a Guilt Trip?
.
Of all the trips to send someone on, avoid sending them on a guilt trip.
.
A guilt trip is something you say with the intent to make someone feel guilty,
especially to make them speak or act in a way they don't want to.

Encouraging your desires through guilt on someone who doesn't want to do something would cause them to speak or act reluctantly. The Bible is clear about times when you shouldn't act out of reluctance; see 2 Corinthians 9:7. Even though these verses refer to money, the principle can apply.  

I was guilty of sending people on guilt trips more often than I'd like to admit. It's something I must regularly remind myself not to do when my expectations aren't met. 

Remember the last time someone sent you on a guilt trip?

I've been sent on several of them and never want to send anyone on one again because of how I felt. 

What happens when someone sends you on a guilt trip? And what do you do? 
.
I used to get anxious, flustered, irritated, hostile, and enraged, and I realized those emotions weren't healthy for me. I was freely and willingly taking the guilt trips I was offered that I didn't want to go on.
.
I've had to learn to create boundaries to keep me from jumping on board of guilt trip offers that come my way. As much as I can help it, I want to avoid being influenced to reluctantly do or say something I don't want or need to. 
.
Have you reluctantly traveled on guilt and experienced similar emotions that I have?

If you have, it's time for you to build some boundaries. 

If you're guilty of offering such trips,
I want to encourage you to let go and let God. 

As the light that He is, pray for them and then trust the Lord to show the person the way they should go, or should have gone, so they can make it right from then on.

However, there are cases in which I have felt I needed to say something.

In such cases, I pray for guidance and wisdom to say it in a way I may want to hear myself, and I want to inspire others, not manipulate them.

Either way, finding the right time to say it is a must, otherwise it's best not to say anything.

So, when might be the right time to say something difficult?
.
I certainly don't think it's before a busy day, and I don't think it's before school or an event. It's not before church if you can help it at all! Go to church first because this can help you speak or act, that's for sure! 

Whatever day or time you choose, be considerate of when the other person is receiving it, but no matter what, praying is a must! Time can help heal wounds, and prayer can help the words said and the actions taken. Jesus said the flesh gives birth to flesh, and Spirit gives birth to the spirit in us in John 3:6. 
The flesh can be likened to man's sinful nature, such as selfishness. The Spirit can be compared to God-given nature, such as generosity, kindness, and forgiveness. 

When we are quick to speak, it'll quickly induce anger. Therefore being slow to speak not only can help keep your anger in check, but it can also help others as well.


My advice would be to check on them and then ask if it's okay to share some thoughts and when might be a good time for them.  
.
In this way, the person has time to prepare their heart to hear 
and receive what might be said. 

.
Mental Health Advice From An Overcomer! 
.
Have a blessed day! 

by Glenda Lee Krupnick










 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ALL HAVE PURPOSE

"The purposes of a person's heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out."  Proverbs 20:5  . Have you wondered what the meaning of life is?  "Why are we here? And what your purpose is?  I have! Although we sometimes question it, we all want to believe we have a purpose.  It's a scary and powerful responsibility.  . When I think about purpose, it seems we often make it more complicated than it needs to be.  Some people know from the time they're young what their talent is and what their gifts are.  These people tend to grow up with a sense of  purpose .   But, what happens if we aren't able to pinpoint a specific gift or talent you have?    Does that mean we have no  purpose ?  . P urpose  is defined as the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists;  a person's sense of resolve or determination.  Even if we may not realize our larger purpose,  living each day purposefully is everyone's purpose.  

Reclaiming What's Rightfully Yours! by Glenda L Krupnick

As we step into this new year, I wanted to share a personal story that I believe will resonate with many of you. Let's call it a story of redemption, faith, and the power of reclaiming what is rightfully yours. M onths passed, and I began searching for ways to make extra money from home to be able to fund this project which to me has been like the baby Hannah prayed for that she just couldn't let go . Hannah's story is found in 1 Samuel 1. Hannah had everything any woman could ever ask for except a son.  I have everything any woman could ever ask for, but I needed a purpose.  I have experienced purpose filled seasons, but this one project would allow me to share God's goodness in my life with the world and influence others for purpose to live with faith filled intention but I digress to the story.  We want to encourage you to let that be the beginning or recommitment of your life with Jesus. Don't give what is yours, or His I should say, your purpose to whoever or w

9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee, Next Level Ministries

Although I am no longer much for New Year’s resolutions,  I am for seasons and changes therein. With new seasons come adjustments.   How can I adjust unless I self reflect? Too many people aren’t for self reflection and let life happen to them… Don’t let that be you! Reflect, adjust, and try again so you can be the person of purpose and significance you’re created to be!  Click the link below for the full message and be blessed!  9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee