Skip to main content

EMOTIONS



Emotions can be so tricky! 

.

We have many positive emotions, 

but often we have just as many negative ones.

.

And just because we "feel" those negative emotions doesn't mean 

we need to become one with them.

.

We can acknowledge them, but we don't have to welcome them. 

.

Whether they are from our past or our present, 

it's very easy to contemplate those emotions. 

 Some of them feel nice to hold on to!

.

I keep having a dream in which my subconscious 

keeps trying to take me to a past emotional state 

as if desiring me to acknowledge it 

and become one with it. 

.

I used to ruminate on these thoughts in the past.   

.

The word ruminate means to think deeply about something, 

and I used to think so deeply about this that 

I used to feel so sorry for myself and angry about the injustice 

that had been done to me and others.

This was a problem because I do not want 

to revisit painful memories that I thought 

I'd overcome and for which 

I also feel I've been redeemed from.

Why is it, though, that sometimes 

thoughts and issues from the past come back to haunt us?

.

Perhaps it is testing to see if we have truly overcome them?!

.

Well, this time, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I have 

because I am no longer feeling sorry for myself, 

nor am I angry at others.

.

So when I was awakened from the dream today, 
I decided to acknowledge it and ask God in prayer to help me disconnect 
from the desire to become one with this past emotion.

.

I prayed to be released from it and
 instead, focus on the new healthy emotions 
that are as pleasing to Him as they are to me these days.

.

One keyword that came to mind as I wrote this was "resist,"

and the scriptures tell us in James 4:7 to do just that

when something (which can include an emotion)

tries to entice us. 

It says to submit to God

resist the devil (in this case, it IS evil),

and it will flee from us.

.

As I looked up the scripture, 

I was also reminded of 1 Corinthians 10:13 

that this is not an uncommon struggle 

(to face temptations of any kind, that is), 

and many, including myself, have been here before.

Not only have I been here before, 

but I've also overcome before 

and therefore 

I have the ability to overcome this one as well.  

.

The problem is not just not asking God

to help us but in how honest our desire for His help to overcome is.

.

In the past, revisiting this emotion made me feel like

I should be the one people felt sorry for. 

I was the victim! I need restitution!

.

I was acting as if... 

I'd never been blessed before or after the injustice that was done to me!


So when I asked, I was not sincere because I was not ready to let go of the victim mentality.  

.

However, the scriptures in James 4:3 tell us that 

when we ask, we must be sincere, 

not because it is what we should do, 

but because it's what we truly want to do.

.

I sing I am no victim by Kristene Di'marco, 
which is an amazing song, 
but I was lying through my teeth!  

.

I have been in the insincere asking place many times before, 

so I finally recognized this one as well.

.

Maybe others relate to that place where

we ask God to be delivered from something

we don't really want to be delivered from

because we like it a little more than we really should,

or more than it is good for us. 

Like a pity party.

.

Or is it just me?

.

Nevertheless, I have come to a place that I also recognize,

and that is a place of honesty within myself, where I truly

want to get rid of it now, and I know I can not do this on my own…

.

because I can write about it!

…and I know that He is faithful to provide just as I need (Mark 11:24).

.

God is and will continue to be faithful in giving us the ability to overcome 
any kind of temptation by providing us a way out, 
as it also states in 1 Corinthians 10:13 when we ask Him for it. 

.

But, even if I wouldn't have reached that place yet, 

I still would not give up.  

.

I simply do not give up!  

.

Just because I fall or repeatedly fail because of my weaknesses 
doesn't mean I will not ask or keep on asking (Mathew 7:7).  

.

Just because my asking is dishonest does not mean I will not keep on asking.

.
I will keep on asking, 
knowing that God is purifying my heart and my motives 
as I pray for Him to do so according to Psalm 51:10, 
and I trust that 
as it is written in Philippians 1:6, 
He continues to perfect what He's started.

.

Therefore, no matter what, 

I trust that my redeemer lives, and 

I will be delivered from my weaknesses 

and all evil that comes my way 

physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually. 

.

I can sing, speak and declare truth!

.

Won't you declare it with me?

.

GLK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ALL HAVE PURPOSE

"The purposes of a person's heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out."  Proverbs 20:5  . Have you wondered what the meaning of life is?  "Why are we here? And what your purpose is?  I have! Although we sometimes question it, we all want to believe we have a purpose.  It's a scary and powerful responsibility.  . When I think about purpose, it seems we often make it more complicated than it needs to be.  Some people know from the time they're young what their talent is and what their gifts are.  These people tend to grow up with a sense of  purpose .   But, what happens if we aren't able to pinpoint a specific gift or talent you have?    Does that mean we have no  purpose ?  . P urpose  is defined as the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists;  a person's sense of resolve or determination.  Even if we may not realize our larger purpose,  living each day purposefully is everyone's purpose.  

Reclaiming What's Rightfully Yours! by Glenda L Krupnick

As we step into this new year, I wanted to share a personal story that I believe will resonate with many of you. Let's call it a story of redemption, faith, and the power of reclaiming what is rightfully yours. M onths passed, and I began searching for ways to make extra money from home to be able to fund this project which to me has been like the baby Hannah prayed for that she just couldn't let go . Hannah's story is found in 1 Samuel 1. Hannah had everything any woman could ever ask for except a son.  I have everything any woman could ever ask for, but I needed a purpose.  I have experienced purpose filled seasons, but this one project would allow me to share God's goodness in my life with the world and influence others for purpose to live with faith filled intention but I digress to the story.  We want to encourage you to let that be the beginning or recommitment of your life with Jesus. Don't give what is yours, or His I should say, your purpose to whoever or w

9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee, Next Level Ministries

Although I am no longer much for New Year’s resolutions,  I am for seasons and changes therein. With new seasons come adjustments.   How can I adjust unless I self reflect? Too many people aren’t for self reflection and let life happen to them… Don’t let that be you! Reflect, adjust, and try again so you can be the person of purpose and significance you’re created to be!  Click the link below for the full message and be blessed!  9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee