Skip to main content

If you feel like you're in a tunel or walls are closing in on you, this revelation is for you!

I recently had to get a pair of MRI scans done. If you’ve ever gotten an MRI, you know that most of these machines are like a tiny tunnel. You have to keep your arms down by your sides and cannot lift them up to your face because of how small the space is.  

I’ve had them done before, and although I’m not usually claustrophobic, these machines can make anyone feel that way. 

 

When I had to do an MRI the first time, it seemed like it would be better to close my eyes before I went into the tunnel and to keep my eyes closed until it was all done. I thought, if I open my eyes, I might become anxious and need to request to be taken out causing an incomplete scan. This would require having to reschedule at another time and go through the whole process again, so I’ve kept my eyes closed each time I’ve had to get one.

 

This time, while the doctor was getting me ready to insert me into the tunnel, I decided again to close my eyes, when I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to ask the Lord to give me a revelation, so He did, and this is what He said…

 

For many of us, the issues of life can feel like walls closing in on us and making us feel like we are trapped in a tunnel with no way out.

 

This word is especially for those who are struggling with mental health for which you might taking mediation for or you’re in between medication and your brain isn’t functioning the way you know it can function but this can also apply to that person who when facing issues they feel they can’t get out of their head and say things like, I need to get out of my head.

 

God is saying that when you’re in the midst of these situations, you have to close the eyes of your soul, that is, your emotions, and keep your eyes of faith open (focused on Jesus) to be able to make it through. I’m not saying to close the eyes of your heart because we want to have those enlightened that we may know the hope for which we have been called, see Ephesians 1:18.  However, there’s a length of time that will be divinely required to be in like there is to be in this tunnel (meaning in these issues), regardless if they were caused by us or someone else.

 

You are required to be processed and will only be able to complete it walking by faith and not by sight.

 

 This will only be possible by not giving into the thoughts that come from our emotions.  If they come, we are to take them captive, see 2 Corinthians 10:5 and we make them obedient to Christ that we may trust His word that He’s overcome this world, see John 16:33.

 

As I was meditating on this revelation (and mind you, they ask what kind of music you like, so I asked for Christian music that I could praise the Lord through this scan), I suddenly started to get anxious even though I had begun to praise. I was tempted to open my eyes, but I absolutely refused to. I kept my eyes closed and kept praising in my heart, and shortly after I was taken out. What a relief! 

 

God is saying to praise your way through because this too shall pass. The same thing happens in life. Temporary situations seek to rob us of our peace. God will not let you face more than you can handle.

 

1 Corinthians 10:13 - NIV “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

 

But wait, there’s more!

 

Although that scan was done, and I was able to get up and stretch, the doctor was getting a second scan ready. Once again, with my eyes closed, into the tunnel I went, praising my way through the process.

 

As long as we’re alive, there will be other situations to face and sometimes, like this MRI, when you think it’s over, another one will begin.

 

I don’t know what you might be going through but God is telling us to praise our way through the process.

 

God is saying, don’t just go by what you see. “For we live by faith, not by sight,” (2 Corinthians 5:7 – NIV). He’s telling us that our emotions can deceive us and cause us to not complete the process and have to take it again and again. Even worse, never take it to be able to get to the root of the problem that we may be healed.

 

We would to good to refuse to give in to the emotional rollercoaster of how we think things should be, what we think is fair, what we think is best, if we should’ve, if they should’ve…

 

God is in control, and He desires your trust demonstrated in worship to Him. Psalm 46:10 NIV

states, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth”. 

 

We have to get comfortable with going through the issues of life going from glory to glory. The in-betweens might seem like dark tunnels - walls that close in on us, but they cannot or will not prevail if we remain focused on Jesus.

 

I don’t know who this word is for besides me, but I know the Lord wanted me to share it and remind you to get through life purposefully with faith-filled intention through each tunnel, through each tight space or time where you feel like the walls are closing in because all things will work out for the good of those who love God and are called according to His word and this is how He takes you from glory to glory!

 

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 – NIV “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

 

So be still, because God never promised a life without troubles, as a matter of fact He made sure to let us know we would have them (see John 16:33) but that He overcame them all.  Watch Him work and let Him bless your day!



    



Daughter, Wife, Mother & Aspiring Writer.
Daily encouragement @influenceforpurpose on IG, YouTube & Facebook
To Live With Faith-Filled Intention.
En Español @influenciaparaproposito

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ALL HAVE PURPOSE

"The purposes of a person's heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out."  Proverbs 20:5  . Have you wondered what the meaning of life is?  "Why are we here? And what your purpose is?  I have! Although we sometimes question it, we all want to believe we have a purpose.  It's a scary and powerful responsibility.  . When I think about purpose, it seems we often make it more complicated than it needs to be.  Some people know from the time they're young what their talent is and what their gifts are.  These people tend to grow up with a sense of  purpose .   But, what happens if we aren't able to pinpoint a specific gift or talent you have?    Does that mean we have no  purpose ?  . P urpose  is defined as the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists;  a person's sense of resolve or determination.  Even if we may not realize our larger purpose,  living each day purposefully is everyone's purpose.  

Reclaiming What's Rightfully Yours! by Glenda L Krupnick

As we step into this new year, I wanted to share a personal story that I believe will resonate with many of you. Let's call it a story of redemption, faith, and the power of reclaiming what is rightfully yours. M onths passed, and I began searching for ways to make extra money from home to be able to fund this project which to me has been like the baby Hannah prayed for that she just couldn't let go . Hannah's story is found in 1 Samuel 1. Hannah had everything any woman could ever ask for except a son.  I have everything any woman could ever ask for, but I needed a purpose.  I have experienced purpose filled seasons, but this one project would allow me to share God's goodness in my life with the world and influence others for purpose to live with faith filled intention but I digress to the story.  We want to encourage you to let that be the beginning or recommitment of your life with Jesus. Don't give what is yours, or His I should say, your purpose to whoever or w

9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee, Next Level Ministries

Although I am no longer much for New Year’s resolutions,  I am for seasons and changes therein. With new seasons come adjustments.   How can I adjust unless I self reflect? Too many people aren’t for self reflection and let life happen to them… Don’t let that be you! Reflect, adjust, and try again so you can be the person of purpose and significance you’re created to be!  Click the link below for the full message and be blessed!  9 Deadly Threats To Your Purpose by Pastor Oliver Lee